Friday, January 10, 2014

Profile: G1 Silky Sullivan #495092 & #711094

Sears & JCPenney Special Run
#495092 Stablemate Assortment IV & #711094 12-Piece Stablemates Set
1992 & 1994


With his glossy eyes, this model is probably from the 1994 JCPenney assortment. Colour-wise, this model is likely a chestnut or bay in the process of greying, but you could make a case for pedigree purposes of him being a classic or sable champagne. As a champagne, he would need to have light eyes, but we are talking about Breyer colours here, so a bit of fudging is expected. I often see this model being called grulla (black dun), but he lacks any dun characteristics and the colour isn't quite right.

I pedigree all of my Silky Sullivan models as young flat-shod Tennessee Walking Horses. I rarely show them, so I can't really say how they do in the show ring, but the breed assignment seems appropriate enough to my untrained eye. The Tennessee Walking Horse gene pool contains a wide range of colours and patterns, so coming up with a pedigree for some of the odder colours isn't too difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment