Friday, February 21, 2014

Profile: G1 Arabian Stallion #5120

Regular Run Stablemate Assortment
#5120 Arabian Stallion
1989-94


For the longest time I thought this guy was my only copy of a new plastic #5120, but I recently discovered the one I had thought of as old plastic all this time was actually a new plastic model, too. What can I say, I was young and impressionable when I got him and never gave him too much thought after adding him to the herd in 1999.

Anyway, our model today makes a lovely example of the Arabian breed. His colour is right and his body type is the very image of a Arabian stallion during the time he was sculpted (late 50s). The current trend in real-life Arabian Horse shows is towards a lighter, leaner body type and a more exaggeratedly dished face, but the more rounded, compact build of this mold is still correct and competitive in the model horse world.

No comments:

Post a Comment